Filming in Stereoscopic 3D (S3D)
Duration: 2 Days
Start Dates: TBA
10am - 5pm
Call Paul on 0161 237 7570 for more information or to book your place on this course
Futureworks in conjunction with the University of Liverpool are pleased to announce the first in a series of courses designed to give you a full understanding of how Stereoscopic 3D works and how best to capture, edit and master your footage.
This pioneering course - the first of it's type in the North West - has been developed by experts who work in the industry every day and is suitable for Directors, Film Producers, Camera Operators or anyone needing to be ready to deliver 3D content.
The 2 day course is delivered by Rob Black, one of the UK's foremost authorities on stereoscopy, Reg Sanders a multi-award winning BBC director of 20 years and Dr Bernard Harper a lecturer in 3DTV, 3D Cinema and the psychology of stereoscopic depth perception at HDDC.
Stereoscopic 3D (S3D) is here to stay and is changing the face of broadcasting. Looking at how the changes must be applied to working at all the stages of production, this course provides just the right balance of applied theory and hands-on practical work providing all delegates with an end product in 3D they can take away.
What will Delegates Learn
• Applied visual perception theory - understanding how the brain processes 3D information and how to capitalise on this knowledge when you film
• How to select, configure and align cameras for S3D
• Full stereoscopic equipment workflow including Stereobrain, Nano-flash (for Sky's bitrate), mirror rigs plus ways to save incredible margins of money when shooting promos and pilots on a budget.
• How to storyboard S3D consistently so that your work is half done before setting a foot on set.
• Situations on set, how to reconcile the artistic director and DOP to your point of view
• Post-production, how editing S3D can be a minimal overhead over normal processes.
• The value of an orthostereoscopic baseline and how to manipulate camera separation, convergence points and field of view systematically to achieve artistic 3D effects
• Mastering content for BluRay, Youtube3D, Sky spec. Etc.
What the course covers
With an eye on real life workflows this course will cover:
• Pre-production stage - looking at ways of greatly reducing overheads for Promos and Test shoots as well as creating high quality 3D at broadcast quality. The course will also show you how to best storyboard your projects detailing the 3D content in a way that the DoP and creative director will understand.
• The Production stage where you'll learn new 3D Cinematography techniques and principles which enable you to select the best shot in your stereoscopic video.
• Post - Production Stage - Using Final Cut Pro and other tools you'll learn how to correct alignments and convergences, how to salvage footage and how to provide titling and output footage at the correct delivery spec.